The short answer is
Here's why :
There are some redis client available for nodejs application, but there are only two that most used.
Let's compare for this two redis client.
- Created specifically for nodejs
- Doesn't support promise
- 1 to 1 mapping of the Redis commands
- It's will stop nodejs process when the client can't connect the redis server
- You can handle the error so the client doesn't stop your app but it's hard
- Used by bigger company like alibaba
- Support promise, ES6 and typescript friendly
- Doesn't stoping your app when the client can't connect to redis server
- So that's way you should use ioredis.